Tuesday, March 31, 2009

normally i wouldn't do this, but this dream was so bizarre.

i had a dream. it was really intensely vivid.

it started out, i was a "little kid" - but still 25. derek, his boyfriend and scott and i were having a slumber party. then when we were eating popcorn, mavis was telling me that marcia cross was the daughter of someone famous, but she didn't know who.

then the dream morphed, and i was taking a shower at my current house, and scott was in the bathroom reading me "the little engine that could" - crazier. all of a sudden, mavis comes in, and says in one of those tv voices (like the ones on a documentary on E! "oh, yeah, she's the daughter of clint eastwood. tragedy struck, when he died today, marcia cross is devestated."

so i said, "I'm not so sure about that, mavis." and decided i should drive to topeka to ask my dad. because apparently phones and internet didn't exist (?)

so we get to topeka, ask my dad, he says yes, and i say "okay we'll go home now"
as we're driving home, scott says he has a sore throat, and that he'd rather just stay the night at my folks' house, and he tries to make a uturn on I70. for some reason, in dream land, when you make a uturn, you have to get out of the car at one stop, and get back on at another (kinda like on the subway, or a bus). well, someone steals the car, 'cos it's in the SKEEZIEST part of topeka, and then we have to walk to my parent's home, being hassled the whole way.

we make it there, and the next day are looking at kitchen faucets (why?) we're at home depot, and i tell scott i like "the one with the weird "lip thing that pours water!" i bring him over to show him, and i test it, and lo and behold, it's actually hooked up to a high pressure line. so water sprays all over me.

this lady i don't know says "jeez, what a toothpick!" and i go "excuse me?" then she says "we'll, you're the nutjob that turned on the faucet"

so i walk up to her, flip her off and go "listen bitch, who just assumes the faucets will be hooked up?"

so i storm off, and start talking about the insurance on scott's stolen car, and the lady comes up behind me, and won't leave me alone, telling me she'd like to "talk to my doctor about this" (((this is my old doctor, from when i was a kid))) dr. parr goes "listen lady, i don't have time for this"

and then i woke up.

No comments: