Tuesday, April 14, 2009

stix n' stones

i woke up this morning to an incredibly sunny day. it's been overcast since saturday morning, and i decided to make good use of the sunshine and read my text for western civ in the window. it was glorious to feel the warm sun on my skin. even ruby participated by lying on the floor where a sun-spot had warmed it.

i then checked my facebook email, and was surprised to find out i had won a contest! i entered to win a new furmintor (dual de-shedding tool) and i actually won! i rarely win anything, so this was quite a surprise! :] i'll let you know how well it works when i receive it.

anyhow, my dear friend christian (or as i like to call him, Xian) was visiting last week(end) for the easter holidays. he stopped by our place for a bit on saturday evening, and spread all sorts of happiness and mirth just by entering the house. long story short, he's finally convinced me i need to make it up to NY to visit him. sooooo, i'm looking at my options, scrimping and saving, and attempting to make the trip to stay with him in brooklyn for a few days this summer! (i'll also need to visit rach(a)el and her sister sarah when i go, too) while i'm gone, scott will try to make a trip to d.c. to visit his best friend Erin, so good times will be had by all! :]

i am impressed with myself, 'cos i actually did my PHIL homework ALL last night! i need to finish reading twilight of the idols for my HWC class and then finish reading tree of smoke for my ENG 325 class... but, i'm more caught up than i've been since the beginning of the semester, so that isn't too bad! ---i'm neglecting to mention the HWC paper, 'cos i don't want to think about it after a great morning. hahaha

and, this upcoming saturday is the TSO show that i will be seeing/listening to! a saint-saens organ symphony is just what the doctor ordered! and by doctor, i mean myself.

now, to read a bit, and then have lunch with scott. later, folksters!

No comments: