Sunday, June 28, 2009

musings on the past few months.

i'm a bit confused as to where exactly this year has gone. i seem to remember sneezing sometime between january 1st and today, but then if i think about that, another 6 months has gone by.

seriously, this year is now halfway over. and it has been a pretty rough one so far. economy has tanked, to be sure. a dear friend passed away. scott totaled his car. and i am nae employed.

it has also had its ups. i got to visit good friends in chicago. i took lauren, mavis, and sara to their very first drag shows. i redid my kitchen (which looks fantastic). and most importantly, i graduated college, finally.

i've also made some decisions on/about my life. not always good, but, why dwell. i am, to be certain, not moving to another country for the foreseeable future. i am, instead going to charge ahead with my masters in library management, and then, G-d willing, apply for the PhD in the same field.

finally, my body. i have been more uncomfortable about my body the past few months, than i've been since i was in my teens. i'm not exactly certain, but i feel it. i don't like the way my body looks, at all, and i don't like the way it feels when i do something as simple as jog. it has too much jiggle. i see so many people with nice, firm bodies. or even bodies that don't move nearly as much as mine when doing something as simple as walking, and i feel depressed. i'm always told not to compare myself to others, but when you are constantly flooded with images of nice, non-jiggly bodies, how else should one feel?

enough of my kvetching. take it easy my haverim.

No comments: