Monday, June 6, 2011

a few thoughts

i attempted to make my own cold press coffee this weekend. my feelings
1) it is FAR too weak. recipe called for 85g of coffee to 1/3l of water. mix, let steep over night, and strain in the morning. THEN it called to dilute the coffee solution in half with water. i shall be adjusting.
2) it said to use a very coarsely ground bean. i'm going to go a bit finer than what i had.
3) i made my beverage with hemp milk. VERY good.

have you ever had hemp milk? if you haven't, give it a try!

other thoughts for the day
1) today is Rowen's "birthday" - she turns 2 today. now she can officially be considered an adult dog. she is certainly acting like it! we brought her to the pet store last night, and she picked out a new toy. a stuffed bear (and it was on clearance, too. my dog-ter is a fan of sales, like me!)
2) my throat hurts, or maybe it's my tongue. whichever, it's painful. and not much fun
3) i've had a headache since saturday morning, that hasn't gone away.
4) i found a random mushroom coral in my fishtank today. huzzah!
5) i'm tired. so i'm going to sleep incredibly early tonight.

No comments: