Tuesday, June 28, 2011

success!

new brew recipe for the coffee has been a success! i am very excited, and now able to enjoy iced coffee beverages at a much more reasonable price. Oh, if only i didn't love my coffee so much! (this is probably an additional issue to my waistline, but why cut out one of my few pleasures?)

walking has once again commenced. yesterday was pretty miserable on the way TO work. not because of the heat, but because after two weeks of not walking, it took me 38min to get to work, when normally it would take me 28-30min depending on wait time at stop lights. i'm going to try to go for 6 miles (or about 9.5km) a day. we'll see how this works. - it's easy on work days, it's ~4 miles to and from work, and then in the evening, i walk with scott and rowen for about 2-3 miles. saturday and sunday will be another story.

during my walk, yesterday morning, i had one of my "moments of clarity" that so frequently happen when i walk. i realized/understood my love of octopi. i can relate to them. they use their ink as a form of defense, and i feel like MY ink is a form of defensive measure, too. i am sure that sounds terribly silly. but it makes sense to me.

for now, back to work.

3 comments:

riot said...

It's a good idea to take a couple days per week off of any exercise, including walking. Cardio five days per week is perfect!

I am beginning to love octopi as well. If I ever get all the tattoos I want, my right arm will honor the element of water and be crowned by an octopus at the shoulder.

amorous congruous stick said...

that sounds good to me! so, maybe i'll give myself some time off!

i love that idea for the the tattoo! i can't wait to see how it turns out!

grins said...

I agree with you. I think all writing is a defense. It's an escape, If you really want to see defensive writing go to my blog. It's probably Akido writing. Don't go if you do not want to laugh though