Thursday, January 1, 2009

a new year. holy hell!

okay, the subject heading for this post is misleading, it has almost nothing to do with the new year.  instead, i'm going to fill you in on this great revelation i had today. 

for my graduation present to myself, i am going to take three weeks in june, and drive around the southwest.  here is my itinerary, in its infancy.

start in Lawrence.  make my way to Taos, NM.  from Taos, go to White Sands desert.  from White Sands, make my way to the Grand Canyon.  after the grand canyon, go to monterey bay.  after Monterey Bay, head home, north, allowing me to go to Lake Tahoe. 

i'll also be stopping in many towns along the way, but this map gives a general idea.  i'm going to sleep in my car, and in a tent.  and my only concern is bathing.  'cos.. um... yuck.  i'll stay in hotels every once in a while, but three weeks of hotels = lots of money.  

i also won't do this if gas approaches 2.50$ a gallon, either.  

suggestions, donations, places to stay, are all welcome, and appreciated :)



View Larger Map

No comments: