Sunday, May 10, 2009

a bit of tender vittles

i am graduating in one week. ONE week. that terrifies me. obviously. i'm also feeling amazingly serene. it's going to happen (G-d willing) whether i like it or not, so i figure i'll just let it come.

anyhow, today has been nice. i went to topeka to see my mother for mother's day. we had a nice little brunch at my sister's house, and it was very tasty. (particularly this blueberry + cream cheese french toast concoction my mother made.)

after that, we went to a greenhouse/nursery just north of town and got my momma lots and lots of plants. we got some tarragon, basil, parsley, rosemary, oregano, and pineapple sage. we also got her this gorgeous purple rose bush, and a new lilac bush to replace the one my little sister accidentally mowed over last year. (oops!) i decided to get myself a little patchouli plant. it's so cute, and it smells so great! i'm not sure how that'll go, but, we'll see!

after we got home, i planted the lilac bush that we bought for scott's mother after she died (that makes it sound awful) we actually bought it in leu of flowers. and then i planted my purple basil, and my sweet basil. scott also had a thing of "candy mint" that i planted. here's hoping they all do well!

i love gardening. maybe too much.

t-minus one week to my big announcement!

No comments: