Tuesday, November 11, 2008

i feel a struggle.

i feel this struggle, not only within myself, but around me as well. it's as if a giant red cloud of angst is enveloping me. i don't like this idea, 'cos a) i'm just not into angst anymore and b) it distracts me so.

i just cannot concentrate on anything, and i feel like i can't accomplish anything from a paper to the smallest detail (ie, sending in a payment on time) at first i was just chalking it up to good ol' ADD, but for some reason, that excuse isn't flying this time. i need to get over "it", whatever "it" is, fast.

okay, it's a bit of a lie, i know part of it, but for some reason, i can't allow myself to admit the reason. there are, however, many other things floating around in my personal space, and i just need to grasp them, and show them who's boss!

okay, now putting the cryptic aside-
tomorrow will be such a trying day. i have work from 6.45-11.30a and then class from noon-2.15p and then work again from 3-7.30p. in addition, i need to finish reading My Ántonia, write my HWC paper, start on my thesis/outline for my ENG 314 paper, work on my thesis for my ENG 334 term paper (ok, i can put that aside) and make sure i finish my reading for REL and HWC.  oy.  

i'm going to think positive about tomorrow.  and see if i can't leave work on thursday a bit early to attend a speech in relation to romantic fetishism (in terms of literature silly!)  and try to get in touch with some of those icky thoughts, and throw them aside.  
לשלום חברים שלי

1 comment:

riot said...

Oh darling, I have no idea what issue is paralyzing you, but I hope it resolves soon.

In the meanwhile, I will project my own issue onto you and comment on that!

I have been angry all week about Prop 8. I am very glad that I live in a big city where I will soon have opportunities to express my feelings through protest.

But reading all the commentary and discussion about it on the Internet has the danger of consuming me. I can see the angry feelings creeping into my interactions with coworkers. I can feel it bringing me down.

And at other times, when I am feeling very happy and having fun with friends, I encounter sudden guilt that I can feel so good in light of the bad that is happening in our country.

My point is: don't let it get to you. It's difficult, but important to acknowledge feelings in one area of your life without invalidating good feelings or reducing enjoyment of other parts of your life.

It's okay to be happy right now. We have much to be happy for.

Love!