Sunday, November 16, 2008

mind-ƒu¢k

okay, as promised, here is a more substantive blog.

i have to write a paper for my ENG 314 class (due tuesday) and i haven't a clue what to write about.  :(  i've resigned to the fate that i'll never do well in that class.

other news?
my phone died today.  frustratingly.  especially 'cos i have several months before i can upgrade it.  and it was dead-dead.  like, it wouldn't hold a signal at all.  i couldn't send a text 'cos the screen would lock up in the midst of typing.  it rang, but i couldn't answer it (or tell who was calling to me)  i went to the verizon store in topeka, and paid 55$ for a refurbished phone (the same type)  so, who knows if this one will work either.. but, i suppose it's fixed for now (unfortunately, i had to cough up 55$ which was very uncool)

good news?
i got to watch my little sister in her play (Our Town) and she was very good as Mrs. Gibbs!  i was quite impressed!  all the kiddos were pretty good, but i gotta say, my sister was really good hahaha!  

friday night, i ended up talking to my friend tom until 6a.  needless to say, i was cranky as fuck saturday and today.  hahaha.  but, the conversation was some of the best mental stimulation i've had in a while (that isn't to say i don't get a lot from my friends, but it was almost 10 full hours of philosophizing and speculating and talking about the universe)  --  or as i like to call it, the best brain sex i've had in a while lol.

i'm trying to plan a trip for myself up to minneapolis in either january or march.  we'll see.  but i really need to get away.  i'm wearing myself far too thin down here in kansas right now.  i'm barely sure i'll be able to make it to january, i don't know if i could make it to march...  i need a little time to be with myself.  think my thoughts.  spend a little time getting to know my new car, and not having to take care of a puppy/husband for a couple of days.  (i've been with scott over 5 years now, and i haven't really even had any time away from him in those 5 years)  i'm not saying that our relationship has any issues, but i think a bit of a break for both of us could strengthen our relationship a bit.  (maybe solidify some things).

okay, that was long.  and drawn out.  thanks for reading if you did!  

1 comment:

riot said...

Brain sex! I love it.

The logistics are far more complicated, of course, but I would love to host you for a visit, darling. Keep it always in mind!